An Introduction to Cognitive Psychology: Processes and Disorders 3rd edition is a comprehensive introductory etextbook for undergraduate students. The 3rd edition of this well-established etextbook has been completely updated and revised to cover all the key areas of cognition, including perception, memory, attention, thinking and language. Uniquely, alongside chapters on normal cognitive function, there are chapters on related clinical disorders (amnesia, thought disorder, agnosia, and aphasia) which help to provide a thorough insight into the nature of cognition.
- A new chapter on Emotion and Cognition, written by Michael Eysenck, the leading authority in the field
- Completely revised and updated throughout to provide a comprehensive overview of current thinking in the field
- Accessibly written and including new authors, including Sophie Scott, Tom Manly, Hayley Ness, and Elizabeth Styles, all established experts in their field.
- Greater coverage of neuropsychological disorders, with additional material from the latest brain imaging research that has completely revolutionized neuropsychology
- Specially designed etextbook features, further reading, chapter summaries, and a glossary of key terms
Written to cover all levels of ability using helpful figures and illustrations, An Introduction to Cognitive Psychology 3e has sufficient depth to appeal to the most able students while the clear and accessible text, written by experienced teachers, will help students who find the material difficult. It will appeal to any college student on an undergraduate psychology degree course, as well as to medical students and those studying in related clinical professions such as nursing.