Dr. Bertram G. Katzung, MD, PhDis Professor Emeritus, Department of Cellular and Molecular Pharmacology, University of California, San Francisco.
Organized to reflect the syllabi in many pharmacology courses and in integrated curricula, Basic and Clinical Pharmacology 14th Edition covers the important concepts college students need to know about the science of pharmacology and its application to clinical practice. Selection of the subject matter and order of its presentation are based on the authors’ many years’ experience in teaching this material to thousands of medical, dental, pharmacy, podiatry, nursing, and other health science students.
To be as clinically relevant as possible, the textbook includes sections that specifically address the clinical choice and use of drugs in patients and the monitoring of their effects, and case studies that introduce clinical problems in many chapters. Presented in full color and enhanced by more than 300 illustrations (many new to this edition), Basic & Clinical Pharmacology 14e features numerous summary tables and diagrams that encapsulate important information.
• Student-acclaimed summary tables conclude each chapter
• NEW! 100 new drug tables
• Everything college students need to know about the science of pharmacology and its application to clinical practice
• Strong emphasis on drug groups and prototypes
• Includes case studies, 330 full-color illustrations, and chapter-ending summary tables
• Organized to reflect the syllabi of pharmacology courses
• Descriptions of important new drugs