With Exploring Medical Language, 10th edition (PDF) by Myrna LaFleur Brooks, Danielle LaFleur Brooks, you can now master medical terms on your own terms! At the heart of this one-of-a-kind learning package is an innovative worktext, which enables you to gradually acquire an understanding of required medical terminology by 1st learning word parts and then learning how to combine the parts into full medical terms that make sense. In all, this is the only resource on the market that incorporates all the proven methods for mastering medical terminology that work best for today’s students and learners.
- Over 400 flashcards enable readers to review word parts when and where they want.
- Simulations of electronic health records familiarize readers with the growing use of EHRs in healthcare settings.
- Systematic presentation of medical terminology provides a foundation of word parts (prefixes, word roots, and suffixes), then builds words by combining the parts.
- Comprehensive coverage of words that are built from word parts and other important terms creates a distinction between terms built from word parts and those not easily recognized as built from word parts and provides thorough coverage of both.
- Margin boxes detail important information such as medical terminology facts and tips, weblinks, historical information, and complementary and alternative medicine terms.
- AudioTerms study companion can be easily downloaded to portable media players and includes over 3,000 terms, each of which is defined and pronounced.
- NEW! Pronunciation exercises focus on the importance of the correct pronunciation of terms.
- NEW! Updated drawings and photos keep readers abreast of current technology and healthcare processes.
- NEW! Updated terms and abbreviations reflect the latest advances in technology and the healthcare delivery system.
- NEW! Case studies introduce medical terminology in context and encourage critical thinking and information application.
- NEW! Updated integrative medicine boxes introduce terminology related to integrative medicine (formerly complementary and alternative medicine).
NOTE: This ebook has been converted from an ePub, hence the formatting and page numbers might have issues.