Thoroughly revised and updated, “Modern Blood Banking and Transfusion Practices 6th Edition“ continues to set the standard for developing a comprehensive understanding of modern routine blood banking and transfusion practices. Building from a review of the basic sciences to the how and why of clinical practice, this PDF etextbook is the ideal guide to immunohematology and transfusion practices.
- More than 500 illustrations, tables, and boxes aid in mastering difficult concepts, including those not routinely illustrated and highlighted in other textbooks.
- Full-color, step-by-step photographs illustrating ABO forward and reverse blood grouping.
- Discussions of the legal and ethical aspects of providing blood collection and transfusion services.
- Coverage of transfusion for transplantation.
- Registry-style review questions and answers at the end of each chapter, providing immediate feedback for students.
- Complete coverage of all blood group systems.
- Summary charts at the end of each chapter highlighting concepts and information important in clinical settings.
- Information on quality assurance and informational systems in the blood bank.
- “Antigen-Antibody Characteristic” charts on the inside covers of the book for easy access to the vast amount of information related to the blood group systems.
NEW TO THIS EDITION
- Case Studies with accompanying answers and questions that emphasize the practical application of the content, linking the science to the patient.
- More streamlined and user-friendly format that is now divided into six Units.
- 3 new chapters…
- Cellular Therapy
- issue Banking: A New Role for Transfusion Service
- Utilization Management
- “Zooming In” feature that asks questions in the legends to encourage a closer look at the illustrations.