Comprehensive in scope, yet concise and easy to manage, Principles and Practice of Pediatric Infectious Diseases 5th Edition, by Drs. Sarah Long, Marc Fischer, and Charles Prober, is your go-to resource for authoritative information on infectious diseases in children and adolescents. A veritable “who’s who” of global authorities provides the practical knowledge you need to diagnose, understand, and manage almost any pediatric infectious disease you may encounter.
- Features a consistent, easy-access format with highlighted key points, high-yield information boxes, and an abundance of detailed illustrations and at-a-glance tables.
- Allows quick look-up by clinical presentation, pathogen, or type of host.
- Includes coverage of the latest recommendations, vaccine products, and effectiveness as well as expanded diagnostics and therapies for autoinflammatory/periodic fever syndromes.
- Covers emerging viruses such as Ebola, Zika, and EV-D68, as well as infectious risks of immunomodulating drugs and expanding antimicrobial resistance patterns.
- Discusses expanding antimicrobial resistance patterns and new therapies for fungal and viral infections and resistant bacterial infections.