If you’re grounded in the basics of Swift, Xcode, and the Cocoa framework, this PDF ebook, “Programming iOS 11: Dive Deep into Views, View Controllers, and Frameworks” provides a structured explanation of all essential real-world iOS app components. Through deep exploration and copious code examples, you’ll learn how to create views, manipulate view controllers, and add features from iOS frameworks.
- Create, draw, arrange, layer, and animate views that respond to touch
- Use view controllers to manage multiple screens of interface
- Master interface classes for scroll views, table views, text, popovers, split views, web views, and controls
- Dive into frameworks for sound, maps, video, and sensors
- Access user libraries: music, contacts, photos, and calendar
- Explore additional topics, networking, including files, and threads
Stay up-to-date on iOS 11 innovations, such as:
- Drag and drop
- Autolayout changes (including the new safe area)
- Table cell swipe buttons
- Dynamic type improvements
- Stretchable navigation bars
- Offline sound file rendering, new map annotation types, image picker controller changes, and more
All example code (now rewritten in Swift 4) is available on GitHub for you to download, study, and run.
Want to brush up on the basics? Pick up iOS 11 Programming Fundamentals with Swift to learn about Swift, Xcode, and Cocoa. Together with Programming iOS 11, you’ll gain a rigorous, solid, and practical understanding of iOS 11 development.