In Reconstructive Surgery: Anatomy, Technique, and Clinical Applications (PDF), Drs. Zenn and Jones pay full deference to Mathes and Nahai’s original contribution to the field while adding their very own considerable expertise to this topic. The expert authors are assisted by a select group of internationally recognized contributors who provide expert commentary on clinical cases. Together, these leading surgeons share their vast insights and experience on techniques for reconstructing all anatomic regions. This 2-volume set features superb medical illustrations that depict important flap anatomy as well as the step-by-step surgical technique for each of the operations described.
- Offers clinical caveats and tricks and tips throughout
- Uses an outline format highlighting key anatomic features
- Presents hundreds of cases demonstrating clinical applications
- Includes 4 DVDs with videos demonstrating cadaver dissections for all major flaps*
- Provides a systematic approach to flap selection and step-by-step instructions for dissection
- Contains thousands of color photos, radiographs, cadaver dissections, and medical illustrations
- Features a select group of expert contributors who cover a range of reconstructive options in each anatomic area
Every chapter follows a distinct and consistent format, beginning with key anatomic landmarks and includes design and markings, vascular anatomy, guidelines for dissection, arc of rotation, flap transfer, inset and closure, and clinical applications. Every chapter concludes with clinical pearls and pitfalls along with commentary provided by a noted expert in the area.
Like its predecessor, the ebook is essential reading for residents and a must for any professional performing reconstructive surgery. Its clear organization, generous use of illustrations, and surgical guidance will improve surgical outcomes for a range of patients.