Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, 8th Edition (PDF) is the most comprehensive RN psychiatric nursing textbook on the market! User-friendly by design, it simplifies the often-intimidating subject of psychiatric-mental health nursing with a practical, clinical perspective. This latest eighth edition was revised in conjunction with a readability expert to support clarity and ease of understanding. New to this edition are full-page illustrated explanations about the neurobiology of disorders and associated medications, criteria from the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders, 5th edition (DSM-5) for major disorders, completely revised Evidence-Based Practice boxes, and a fully rewritten chapter on Dying, Death, and Grieving to provide students with essential information about difficult topics. Chapters follow the nursing process framework and progress from theory to application, preparing your college students for clinical practice with real-world examples.
- NEW! Completely revised Evidence-Based Practice boxes.
- NEW! 10 NCLEX-style questions and answers at the end of each chapter.
- NEW! Revised chapter on Dying, Death and Grieving gives you all the vital information you need.
- Health Policy Boxes introduce the role you can play in advocating for patients and the profession.
- Coverage of key topics and emerging nursing trends keep you current with best practices in the field.
- NEW! Full-page illustrated explanations about the neurobiology of disorders and associated medications.
- Mentor-like writing style reinforces important information and helps in applying textbook content to the clinical setting.
- Clinical chapters follow the six-step nursing process, providing consistent guidelines for comprehensive assessment and intervention.
- Vignettes with vivid mini-stories prepare you for real-world practice with personal, descriptive characterizations of patients with specific psychiatric disorders.
- Considering Culture boxes discuss the importance of person-centered care in providing competent care to diverse populations in various clinical situations.
- NEW! DSM-5 guidelines from the American Psychiatric Association’s Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders are fully incorporated in the text, and include updated NANDA content.
Note: Only contains the PDF of the book Varcarolis’ Foundations of Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing 8e. No online access codes included